Friday 2 June 2017

Miss Montgomery

Does anyone else always over estimate what they can achieve?  I knew I would have almost no sewing time in May and yet I still thought I'd get more done - not sure when I thought I'd be sewing!  I did get manage to sew up some more undies and ticked another item off my #2017makenine list so not too bad I suppose.


These are the Orange Lingerie Montgomery Briefs.  I've made up five pairs in a range of different fabrics. 


The pink lace and mesh version would be the prettiest pair, but the comfiest are the grey microfibre.  I've also made up two pairs using a beautiful soft lining fabric paired with different laces.  I only had matching lingerie/picot elastic for the black pair (and I didn't want to buy any more supplies) so I used fold over elastic instead and I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out.  I'm even happier that these were all made up using items in my stash.  How awesome is the elastic on the black microfibre pair - love it.


The design of these is really similar to my all time favourite RTW style (Elle McPherson lingerie from a few years back) and overall I'm pretty pleased with the way these turned out.  Some days you just want a bit more coverage and these don't leave a line under your clothes.
 

My underwear drawer is looking pretty gorgeous right now so I might take a break from making undies for a while.  It's only the second day of winter but I have been absolutely freezing at work so I think it's time to make up some warm pieces for work.

3 comments:

katherine h said...

These are so pretty. I will have to revisit this pattern. My first attempt didn't fit very well, but yours look so good that I want to get it to work for me too.

Peaches said...

It looks like there is only elastic on the front half of knickers? I might need to have a looksee into these. My seamwork Geneva undies worked well... But the leg elastic as a round drove me a little crazy.

poppykettle said...

Oh so pretty. I really need to try my hand at sewing such a thing, this pattern is divine. And I love how the folded over mesh at the back means no VPL. Pretty AND functional!