Saturday 11 February 2017

The real deal

The lazy days of summer are over, life has kicked back into full swing and just like that my sewing time has vanished!

I'm hoping I can find 20 minutes a day just so I feel like I'm making progress.  So far I've managed an hour in the last two weeks so I've got some work to do!


But this post isn't about my lack of sewing time, it's a short and sweet update about the 'real' versions of Jalie 2564.


I've made three matching singlets and ladyshorts using Art Gallery cotton/elastin and I've got to say that this fabric feels fabulous, it's soft with great stretch and recovery.  The designs aren't ones that I'd wear as outerwear but I love them for pyjamas.


I made a couple of minor tweaks to these versions.  I added an inch to the length at the hem and shaved about a quarter of an inch off the side seams at the bust only.  I'm really happy with the way these have turned out.  Unfortunately the hot pink fold over elastic I used on one version is really poor quality and doesn't stretch and support the way it should.  I really need to replace it but...I'd much rather make something new!

I feel like I have sewing ADD at the moment - I keep starting projects and then moving on to the next thing.  Time to finish them off so that I can actually wear them.

4 comments:

fabric epiphanies said...

My sewing is limited to post 7pm so I feel your pain!

CAN I said...

It is amazing how much you can get done with small time increments, those here-there pockets of time. Even when I don't feel like stitching, I check and wind bobbins, or pin all non- intersecting seams so that when I do get in front of the machine I can be productive. There are discussion boards on both Pattern Review and Sticher's Guild about sewing in short increments e Mrs; Nancy Zieman even features "what to sew on this pattern " instructions... so please know that you are NOT alone. Good luck figuring out what works for you.

katherine h said...

These are cute! I've heard good things about this fabric...need to get my hands on some! Happy sewing in 10 min lots...you can do it!

Sharon said...

Very cute and another who wants to check out this fabric.

I also want to find a better way to sew, now off to checkout the boards suggested and see what I can achieve in 5 minute intervals.